Effective date July, 2020
Purple Quarter provides Tech Executive Search services to clients looking to recruit executive leaders to their businesses. We take your personal data seriously. In compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), this policy:
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- Explains how long we keep your personal data for
- Explain when, why and with who we will share your personal data
- Sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
- Explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
- Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to find available opportunities and further information needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of recruitment. This information includes resumes, work history, employment and references. There may be instances where the information that we collect is considered sensitive personal data under the laws of the country or state in which you reside. As a general matter, we only collect sensitive personal data when it is necessary for us to do so.
Where do we collect this personal information?
Directly from you. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages.
From an agent/third party acting on your behalf.
Through publicly available sources. We use the following public sources:
- Internet searches
By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
Mailing List. When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your name, email address, resume, LinkedIn/website address, how you heard about us and the reason for your contact.
Web logs. We collect your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when using the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, viewed websites and/or a date/time stamp for visits.
Cookies and first-party tracking. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to a computer’s hard drive while a website is viewed. We use both session cookies (which expire once a web browser is closed) and persistent cookies (which stay on a device until deleted). Among other things, cookies allow us to provide a more personal and interactive experience and to improve our marketing efforts. Persistent cookies may be removed by following instructions provided by the browser. If cookies are disabled some areas or features of our websites may not work properly.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to match your skills, experience and education with a potential employer.
How do we secure your personal data?
Purple Quarter maintains reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To the extent that we disclose Personal Information to clients or third-party service providers, we require that such third parties also maintain reasonable security and confidentiality measures and use the Personal Information in accordance with our instructions and applicable law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or an individual requests that we delete information about them.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with the client who has a position to fill, in order to determine with the client whether you are a good fit for the available position.
Other Potential Employers or Leads to Employers. We may share unsolicited resumes or solicitations from potential candidates with companies that may have an interest in such candidates or individuals who may have led to companies that may have an interest in such candidates.
We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, the safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
Collecting this information is necessary for legitimate interests and needed in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
Do we transfer your data outside India?
To better match your employee profile with current opportunities we may transfer your personal data to clients and partners in countries outside India. These countries’ privacy laws may be different from those in your home country. Where we transfer data to a country that has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards we always have security measures and approved model clauses in place to protect your personal data.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right to rectification – You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in the future.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent – If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
How can you contact us?
If you have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact us at:
Purple Quarter, 1257/37, Second Floor, Sector 7, HSR Layout, Opposite Max Store, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102